Thursday, June 25, 2009

evening freeform

So what should I talk about now? The rise and fall of Greg F? How little I give a fuck that Michael Jackson is gone? The mysterious revulsion-slash-attraction I have for... what's gonna work here? initials won't do it. last names won't do it. His first name is suspiciously obvious. I need a nickname. Where's Chris when you need her? Anywhoo... this could be bad. (Whew. Walk it out.) Honesty. Okay. I love being around him, but he's just not someone that I'd want to spend all weekend in bed with. Oh god. It's the facial hair and the gut and the little...

But he's so great in every other way... God damn it. This is totally the way it goes.

But you know what? It's fun to hang out with someone who has toys. Why shouldn't I have a little fun? I ENJOY his company. I have for years! ...longer than this has been an issue... It's not like I'm trying to wrap my whole life up in something. I rarely see him. I don't think he expects that I'm just sitting at home while he's not around. I don't think he'd start expecting it....

So. We spend some time here and there. It's not like it would be a total scandal if I went on a little trip with him. They'd barely notice I was gone. Plus I'm a grownup. They can't say I can't go see him if I want to. What's the big deal? I'm interested in his project. It's really not any of their business.

They'll have opinions. Okay. I just have to expect that I would be the topic of conversation. So maybe I don't say where I'm going. Mystery man? Family obligation? I'd have to tell him that I was sneaking around, otherwise he might accidentally say, "When Marcy and I were in..." and then every head would turn. 5 coworkers, maybe 30 interested parties, and even people I don't know who know me... "So who's that guy Marcy's been spending time with?" Oh god. In galleries... Right now there is plausible deniability. Or do I want to deny it? Maybe not. He's awesome to be around. He's fun. He knows food and our conversations sparkle... and... oh! there's that guy. What a loser. ...but he's hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment